What do I do if I’m discriminated against because of my gender?

The Sex Discrimination Act dictates that it is not permitted to discriminate against people based on gender, neither directly nor indirectly. Women and men that believe themselves to have been the victims of discrimination because of their gender may file a complaint with the Equal Status Council. Please contact the Equal Status Council for further information regarding the proper procedure concerning complaints.

You can e.g., file a complaint with the Equal Status Council if you believe that you have been the victim of discrimination because of gender in the workplace, e.g. in connection with hiring, resignation or wage, or if you have been fired because you have become pregnant or have entered maternity leave.

Read more on www.javnstoda.fo.